Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Long Overdue...

Welcome!

I am LONG overdue aren't I?  It's been a difficult month and I honestly didn't want to post negativity so I took a little break...

So when I last left you I was going to have my first deal on Brickyard Buffalo...well out of 246 bangles I had 240 left... so needless to say it didn't go very well.  I tried another deal site...no cigar...so this coming Wednesday will be another shot on Sassy Steals...maybe third time's the charm???

I also made some pendant necklaces with wire wrapped Czech glass and some summer earrings with Mother of Pearl shell for Sassy Steals...again... no sales...

I was beyond discouraged and defeated... I just don't understand... quality handmade pieces at a huge discount what's the problem???

I still don't have the answer to that question...

I have two more styles of pendant necklaces that I made multiples of, hoping that they will sell on one of these sites this summer...

I tried another site called Groupdealz for my bangles but the director of deals looked at my shop and wanted to feature something else... since I've had no luck at all I decided to go with her choice and am featuring my wire knitted pearl cuff bracelets, don't have a date yet but I'm thinking it will be within the next few weeks.  

So I can't lie, the possibility of actually getting sales or even selling out does still excite me, but the reality of the past attempts has dampened my spirits a bit.

Why am I so intent on selling lots of pieces? Well...because I have new ideas for new pieces I would like to create and of course I have some but not all the supplies I need to make them happen!  

Having not had the best four years with my health, and not many sales happening from my shop or on Instagram, I don't have the extra funds to purchase supplies.  But I will give you some hints on what I'm thinking about....

First, stamped stuff...I have so many ideas for stamped rings, cuff bracelets, leather bracelet with a riveted stamped plate on them, silk ribbon wrap bracelet with a stamped plate focal....I'm just bursting at the seams waiting to be able to buy supplies!!!  I've had the idea for the leather style since last year and the cuffs came to me just recently.  I would like to do only two widths for the cuffs; skinnies (0.25") and wider ones (1") hammered of course, and the possibilities with the fonts are just overflowing in my mind!  For the silk ribbon wraps I have beautiful ribbon on my wishlist, I think I've settled on three that will be my staple, one patterned, one graduated in colors (blended) and one solid, but I won't give away more than that for now...

Next, black chain.  Yup, black.  I have always loved the antiqued look, silver being my favorite so I leaned towards gunmetal...but now there are more supplies available for matte black chain, clasps, headpins etc. and I mean those ideas are literally trying to jump out of my head!!!  I picture lots of simple wrapped  gemstones on long or short black chain for one idea.  I think it would look great layered with anything else people might have (because black goes with everything) and how cool would it look if you were wearing black and it looked as if the gemstone was just floating there?  Another idea is black stamped jewelry...that's all I'm going to say for now on that one...

So, this week I'm going to try to be positive and hope the bangles actually sell, maybe the wire knitted pearl cuffs too when they go up, and try to keep myself busy doing beaded crochet ropes and other things to occupy my time until I can afford to buy the supplies I can't wait to create with! 

No comments:

Post a Comment