Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2014

My First Deal On Brickyard Buffalo...I'm SO EXCITED!!!

Welcome!

Well somehow my schedule has been a little off...time is just flying by it seems... but today I'm really excited to share some news with you....

Through one of the girls I follow on Instagram I found out about Brickyard Buffalo, an online pop-up sale site where you can buy all kinds of things at a special discount for a limited number of days.  So I got to thinking if this might be something I could do...my problem is that I typically only make one of a kind pieces, which wouldn't work for this type of site...

So I thought about it some more and realized I could do Hammered Bangle Bracelets as a deal!  Sure I may use the same focal bead...but technically I could never possibly repeat the hammered pattern identically, so they still are one of a kind in their own way :)

I emailed them with a picture of the two color sets I was thinking of offering, and asked their opinions about everything; do both gold and silver sell? Are my bangles a good fit for their site? How much inventory is enough? They were so helpful and really seemed excited about my bangles, which of course made me really excited!

 I decided to have all my inventory ready made, so that I could ship out immediately as the orders came in, also less stressful for me since you are required to ship within 7-10 days. I put together a little collage of all the steps that went into the making of these little pretties;
Hammered Bangle Bracelets Process
  From cutting the wire, to hammering, shaping around my trustee mandrel (a votive candle holder), to wire wrapping the focal beads and attaching them, and finally a shot of all 246 finished bangles...yes I did say 246. They will be sold in sets of 3, so that's 82 sets I have available...

They also mentioned that pictures were REALLY important, and to have some "lifestyle" shots too...oh great...I hate being in pictures...but here are a few of the shots I submitted to them;
Brickyard Buffalo Photos
 So... TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY!!! My deal goes LIVE tomorrow morning and will run until Wednesday...if they don't sell out before then....what? A girl can dream can't she?  The BYB ladies also said I can add inventory as the deal goes on if that's something I would like to do...um...of course I would!!!

If you have had your eye on my bangles you definitely need to go check them out tomorrow, you will get them for a steal! The website is www.brickyardbuffalo.com while you're there you could pick up a set for a gift too...or just get a whole bunch for yourself! 

I'm so excited I can barely wait for tomorrow to get here! Wish me luck! (and you could spread the word too) I'll let you know how it goes in my next post....eeeeeee.....SO EXCITED!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment