Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

A Peyote Stitch Adventure

Welcome!

You may have noticed I haven't been on my regular schedule of every two weeks...not sure how I forgot to post since I write it on my calendar...but now I should be back to the proper every other Sunday schedule!  On to my adventure I would like to tell you about...

I had a new customer from Las Vegas order one of my favorite peyote stitch cuff bracelets, this one had a lot of people commenting on it but never any takers until now
1.25" Peyote Stitch Cuff Bracelet in Frosted Red & Orange and Metallic Bronze & Iris Khaki
 After speaking with her on the phone she asked if I could make her a custom piece, a cherry blossom design against a black background...now I have never sketched flowers before but I told her I would try, here is what I came up with after 3.5 hours...


 After her approval of the pattern and bead color choices here is what I was starting with; my pattern, Delicas in matte black for the background, silver-lined rose pink for the body of the flower with a light frost pink for the center (not pictured), frost moss green for the leaves and silver-lined chocolate for the branches:
 The background needed to remain white for my stitching purposes (so I could count how many beads I needed, white is easier to count than black for me) I was pretty excited to get going on it!
Custom Cherry Blossom Peyote Stitch Cuff Bracelet in the works
 It had been quite a while since I had done some peyote stitch work...I instantly remembered how much I love to do it!  I really enjoy where I am at with pattern work, I love the designs I have come up with, trying them in different color schemes changes the entire look of the pattern sometimes, but this was such an adventure for me, a new design for a new customer and I just can't explain how much I loved creating this piece!

Here is the full pattern I sketched all stitched
Full Cherry Blossom Pattern
 At this point my customer received here first cuff only to realize it was too big for her, so I needed to shorten the cuff... one less flower but I think it turned out beautifully regardless!
Adjusted Length Custom Cherry Blossom Peyote Stitch Cuff Bracelet
Custom Cherry Blossom Peyote Stitch Cuff Bracelet
 She has received the cuff and absolutely loves it which just makes my heart so happy!  (we are actually going to shorten her first cuff she purchased so it fits properly and isn't too loose)  

I really enjoyed this peyote stitch adventure and hope to have more like it in the future!  If you had a custom pattern designed for you, what would you have made? I would love to hear your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment