Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Getting Back To One Of My Favorite Things...

Welcome!

If you read my last post, I had a custom order for a peyote stitch cuff bracelet, which of course gave me lots of ideas and the desire to do more stitching....

I had ordered some thread so that I didn't run out for my custom order...and I still have lots of Delica beads... it's like they were calling to me...it had been quite some time since I dove into the peyote stitch, and I missed it. It is still one of my very favorite things :)

When I was sketching out my custom pattern I looked through my other patterns and there were a few that I hadn't yet stitched up...this is one of them
Peyote Stitch Pattern
 So I thought I would try it out, here are the colors I chose;
Delicas in Opaque White, Silver-Lined Frost Purple & Opaque Gunmetal
As I was stitching along, I really liked how it was turning out!
Peyote Stitch Cuff Bracelet In The Works
I love these "flowing" patterns I sketch, there isn't any rhyme or reason when I start but it all comes together beautifully when its finished! Here are some photos of the finished cuff bracelet
Peyote Stitch Cuff Bracelet 1.25" Wide
Then of course it had a hold on me...I really wanted to make some more!  So I looked in my inventory and noticed that I didn't have very many of the "skinnies" I call them (they are just a touch over half an inch wide) and I thought why not make a few of those?

Here again is another pattern I had sketched a while ago but had not yet gotten the chance to stitch it up, as I was going...I wasn't sure if I liked the pattern...I had originally made it for a variety of colors in each little outlined section but decided for some reason to scratch that idea and make them all the same color...
Peyote Stitch Skinny Cuff In The Works
It was almost seeming animal print like to me...which was not my intention at all, but since I changed it to one color of splotches I think it just took on a whole new life...here are a few photos of the finished product
Peyote Stitch Cuff Bracelet 0.5" Width in Opaque White, Silver-Lined Blue Zircon & Ceylon-Lined Aqua
Again, not at all what I had pictured in my head, but I am happy with the results!

Knowing how I am, if you have been reading my beading rants...I had to sketch out a new pattern, that had independent splotches rather than some being connected as in the original design, here is how that one turned out
Peyote Stitch Cuff Bracelet 0.5" Width in Matte Black, Metallic Steel Blue & Silver-Lined Frost Yellow
Totally different results! I can't lie...I like them both for different reasons.  Now of course... you know... it doesn't stop there...more ideas start to come to me...like "I wonder how this would look in different colors?"  Sometimes I am amazed at how different a pattern looks when it is stitched up in a totally different color scheme!  I enjoy trying out different colors together, especially something that I wouldn't normally put together...the results always seem to turn out just beautiful!

If you need me I'll be stitching away, trying these patterns out in different color schemes...can't wait to show you the results!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment