Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Custom Care Package

Welcome!

As I mentioned in my last post I have been keeping busy this past little while. I am so thankful to be feeling better, being on the mend and able to create again!

A few things I have been working on are two "care packages" for family members, and I have to say they are coming alnog quite well!

I find that when I am working on custom pieces I really just have to let the creativity flow and not force it at all.  I am usually given an idea of colors and sometimes of a specific style for example a leather wrap bracelet.  In this case I would like to make a variety of pieces for both care packages, and this is where it gets tricky for me. I seem to get stuck since I have too many ideas and possibilities running around in my mind, or I can't seem to decide on a color combination that I like, and if I don't absolutely love it, I won't make it because I know I will not be happy with the results.  Yes, I'm very stubborn that way :)

Both care packages are still in the works, since I will be mailing to Canada I want to send the pieces all together rather than sending them a few at a time.  Plus I think it will be more fun for them to open a package with a whole bunch of jewelry inside!

My first one had some specifics, Feather Earrings, Triple Wrap Leather Bracelet, some gold accessories for work and some silver for nights out. Here is what I have for Kassandra so far...

These feather earrings we had discussed quite a while ago concerning colors and style
 
Long Feather Earrings

 These are a few for the gold accessories for work category
 
Feathers with Gold Chain Earrings and 18" Necklace

This wrap bracelet took me a while to get just right, but I thought it could be versatile for work and play being metallic gold leather.  I used Czech glass beads in crystal, olive and topaz to keep it in the "neutral colors" request and I just love how it turned out!
 
Metallic Gold Leather Triple Wrap Bracelet with Czech Glass

I decided that she needed some of my favorite beaded crochet bangle bracelets for her collection and again went with neutrals.  Now these I typically make in all sorts of bright colors so I wasn't sure how I would like them in browns/neutrals, but I really like the result and thought they compliment the neutral feather earrings quite well!
Beaded Crochet Bangle Bracelets in Neutrals

And of course I had to add one of my newest creations the Rhinestone leather wrap bracelet
 
Rhinestone Leather Wrap Bracelet

This is what I have so far but feel that she needs some necklaces as well to even things out :)

Here come the choices....long.. short.. delicate.. chunky.. and what materials to use... gemstones.. freshwater pearls.. Czech glass...   The possibilities are overwhelming!  I guess I will wait, let the ideas come to me (which typically happens while I'm working on something else) and when they do I will show you what I created for her!

I would love to hear what you would be looking forward to receiving in the mail! What would be in your custom care package?

No comments:

Post a Comment