Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

It's Been A While...

Welcome!

Well it has definitely been quite a while since I was last on here... between taking new photos of my endless inventory, 3 computer crashes (that's right THREE) and my health not doing very well for a few months, the time has just flown by.

Lots of new things going on this year with my jewelry, but first I want to mention that the monthly giveaway on my Facebook page is going on this week! Just click on the button in the right side bar to pop over and enter...it's the perfect gift for Father's Day... (open to U.S. residents only)

So...those photos I mentioned... here is just an example of how far I've come in a short amount of time;
 
Progression of Listing Photos


  It just amazes me how dark the photos were, how off colored the background was and even how dull the color of the actual jewelry was!

 Here are the old listing photos of my Peyote Stitch Cuffs versus the new ones;
Old Listing Photos
New Listing Photos
 Did I mention I bought myself a frosted acrylic hand display? Best $15 I ever spent!  Well... the new camera and photo light tent are of course up there as well :)

What do you think? They are just so much clearer and crisp on the detail of these tiny little beads, and the whole photo looks "cleaner" to me, more professional.

It took quite some time to photograph my 600+ items (with several photos of each item) then of course the editing (cropping, resizing, color & exposure balancing) but still less time to edit as the photos were significantly better to begin with!  Of course then I had to go in and swap each of the photos of my listings.... having your own business is no small feat that's for sure! :)

I really noticed a difference as well in the Wire Wrapped Freshwater Pearl Necklaces
Old Listing Photos
 
New Listing Photos
 Though the Hand Stamped Cuff Bracelets may have the most noticeable difference....

 
Old Listing Photos

 
New Listings Photos

I'm just so happy with the results!  Of course I still have more to learn and improve on, and each time I retake photos or take photos of new items I think I will continue to improve each time :)

I would love if you would pop over to my Etsy shop (by clicking the button on the right side bar) and take a peek at my new look, come back and let me know what you think! :)

 


1 comment:

  1. Everything looks so great with the new photos! And yes especially the cuff bracelets! ahh I am dying to make another purchase from you sometime soon! Money has been super tight lately - But I will get my Litva fix soon. ♥ hehe

    ReplyDelete