Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Wholesale Dreams....

Welcome!

As in my last post I continue to feel that Etsy is amazing! (including today I am now at order #26 - some have had multiple items so it comes to 28 sales!!!)  I have signed up for their success newsletters and there is a plethora of information that they want to share with you, I just think it's fabulous!  They are so helpful and the forums are amazing as well for asking questions, there are so many people (staff AND other Etsy sellers) ready and willing to help you out in any way they can! Of course I want to learn...I want my shop and business to succeed!

So in one of the spotlight stories they did about a certain shop there was this link that read "Etsy wholesale" and I was like hmmmm......so I clicked on it and the ideas just started bouncing around in my head....

It is a completely different way to have your items available to  boutique owners who are looking to carry handmade goods in their boutique...hammered bangle bracelets....hmmmm....
Copper Hammered Bangle Bracelets with Freshwater Pearls
 So I continued reading; policies, took a wholesale survey (I did really well) and read all the help sections available....then on Friday I decided to apply!

You have to be accepted to join as a seller and they look at everything from your photos to reviews to how cohesive your brand is.... I know my photos are not perfect but they are the best I can do right now with the tools I have available to me at the moment, I hope that doesn't work against me.  

I am a bit nervous because they do tell you they are accepting sellers with wholesale experience first, and I haven't had the opportunity to set anything like that up with my health preventing me the past few years.  Maybe they will like what they see, and have buyers that they think would be interested in my products...I will know within 5 business days....

This.....
Wire Wrapped Freshwater Pearls waiting to be Hammered Bangle Bracelets
 This is what I do in my spare time...not that I have any orders for bangles, but I have the supplies (since I buy everything in bulk) just waiting there, begging me to make something out of them....

I won't lie...I guess the excitement of the possibility of being accepted led my subconscious to create the worst possible scenario....I had an Etsy wholesale nightmare...I saw I had 4 purchase orders and was so excited, but when I opened the first order (to see what they had ordered) the quantity said 841...whoa...then I look at the item and it was this strange looking burgundy colored bottle opener shaped like a boxing glove with a high heeled purple shoe charm dangling from it....in the dream I asked my husband if he remembers me making something like this in the past because I didn't, then I was so worried how I would tell the buyer that there had been some sort of mistake and this wasn't an item I offered.....

So I guess I am a little anxious...but we'll just wait and see what happens.  If it is meant to be, then that will be a wonderfully exciting way to have my jewelry across the country available to so many more people, and hopefully build some recognition of my brand.  Also I will most likely not have to worry about doing live craft fairs, prepping, paying fees, hoping the weather cooperates etc. and would just continue to have my Etsy retail shop along with the Etsy wholesale availability.  The connecting with customers has been wonderful and I am enjoying it so much that I wouldn't want to stop!

 If God decides it isn't the right time, then I'm OK with that too, but I will keep making pieces in my spare time, building up inventory and I will apply again! 

I will let you know what happens in my next post regardless of the outcome :)

 

2 comments: