Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

6th Annual Christmas Jewelry Show 2013

Welcome!

Well, yesterday was my 6th Annual Christmas Jewelry Show at my salon!  I have to say it went well considering the (as my friend Danavee put it) "Snowpocolypse 2013" hit us on Thursday.  Needless to say, a few inches of snow can't stop this Canadian....it did stop many others.

I did have some loyal customers come by and a few new ones as well! I am so very thankful for them :)

Last year I forgot to take my camera, but I remembered this year and wanted to share some photos of my set up with you.

6th Annual Christmas Jewelry Show
 This is the Chandelier Earring section.  I made these earring cards this year since I was so prepared in advance & had some time on my hands.  Each pair is in a Ziploc baggie, sealed to prevent any tarnishing.  They turned out not bad for my first attempt...but I already have ideas for the next ones...
6th Annual Christmas Jewelry Show
 The Feather Earring section...yes there are a lot!!! Short ones are in the basket because I ran out of room on the table!
6th Annual Christmas Jewelry Show
 The Cluster Hoop Earrings, Wire Wrapped Rings and Peyote Stitch Beaded Ring section.
6th Annual Christmas Jewelry Show
 The Freshwater Pearl section including; wire wrapped pendants, wire knitted cuff bracelets and wire wrapped 45" necklaces
6th Annual Christmas Jewelry Show
 At the top of this section are my new Wire Wrapped Gemstone Pendants, underneath are my Triple Wrap Leather Bracelets and Rhinestone Single Wrap Leather Bracelets
6th Annual Christmas Jewelry Show
 The Gemstone Necklace corner with a few Wire Wrapped Necklaces and the rest are 11 Strand Hand Knotted Silk Necklaces. (on the left of the picture you can see my new Hammered Wire Bangle Bracelets still in their Ziploc baggies because I forgot the little red plates I was going to display them on that night...the day of the show I completely forgot to take a picture of it all set up...)
6th Annual Christmas Jewelry Show
 A little blurry...sorry...Cotton Cord Gemstone Pendant Necklaces, Beaded Crochet Bangle Bracelets and some of my Beaded Crochet Rope Necklaces
6th Annual Christmas Jewelry Show
 The rest of my Beaded Crochet Rope Necklaces and my Peyote Stitch Cuff Bracelets
6th Annual Christmas Jewelry Show
 Oh gosh...this one is pretty blurry...these are my Silk Crocheted Wear-Alls (necklace/bracelet/anklet) on the stand that my husband made for my extra long necklaces, in front are my new Suede Lace & Gold Chain Double Wrap Bracelets 
6th Annual Christmas Jewelry Show
 My little check out corner supplied with calculator, Ziplocs, gift boxes, gift bags, scissors, thank you cards and Care cards that I printed up this year to give out with each purchase, just a general guide but I thought it was good info to pass along :)

 So that was it!  As you can see, from not being able to do any live craft fairs the past few years I have a lot of inventory...

This weekend, and I'm sure the next few weeks, will be my time to photograph the new pieces, edit and get them listed in my ArtFire studio.  I may at the same time thin out my listings a bit and put some "on the back burner" so to speak, until more items sell...400+ items is a ton to have listed...forget about adding even more...I'm sure it's a bit overwhelming for visitors to my shop... but I could use your opinions... should I take items out? Is it easier to browse when you only have 10-20 of each type of piece? Or do you like to look though many options when deciding what to purchase?  I appreciate your feedback!

Please leave a comment here or if you aren't able on my Facebook link is great too :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment